[Groop] Collection clarifications

Tone Tone at moon-shine.net
Sat Mar 18 09:55:06 PST 2006

	Pardon my uncertainty, but I just wanted to ask a few questions
to clarify something in my own mind about the "complete" Groo
collection. As I believe I may have stated in a past post to the Groop,
I actually stopped collecting Groo at issue #120 of the Epic/Marvel
series. Later on when I thought about continuing the collection, I had
"heard" the newer Groo releases were all reprints of old stories. This
is why I decided not to continue fulfilling my collection, and is also
why I am now uncertain about possible story reprints and such. Now, ever
since I have gotten on the Groop, I have become more interested in the
idea of fulfilling my Groo collection. Whether that is a positive or
negative thing... "Did I err...?" :)

	From my understanding the 12 Groo comics published by Image
Comics, which immediately came after the Epic/Marvel series, are all
reprinted stories from the older published series, correct?
	A follow up question to this is whether there have been any
new/original stories published at all in English other than the
Epic/marvel series (not including the Pacific run or Destroyer Duck of
course)? If so, when and where?

	Either way would anyone mind correcting my knowledge of the full
Groo collection?... From my understanding, as far as full published
stories in English go, aside from the Destroyer Duck, Pacific, and
Epic/Marvel individual comic series there were these published:

-	by Epic:
Groo: Death of Groo (1987)
	Sometime referred to as a Graphic Novel, I believe.
	Was there a reprint, if so by who and when?
Groo: Life of Groo (1989)
	Also referred to as a Graphic Novel, I believe.
	Did Graffiti Designs reprint this in 1995?
Groo Trade Paper Backs #1-7 (1990-1993)
	(Adventurer, Bazaar, Carnival, Dynasty, Expose, Festival, &
Garden)
	These were never reprinted, correct?

-	by Image Comics:
Groo #1 - 12 (Dec 1994 - Nov 1995)

-	by Graphitti Designs:
The Groo Chronicles Hard Cover (1990)
	Was this a single reprint of all the original Groo Chronicle
stories?
The Death and Life of Groo hardcover book (????)
	Is this the 1995 reprint I may have been confused with above?
Life of Groo TPB (????)
	Did Graphitti ever put out a Death of Groo TPB?

-	by Dark Horse:
Groo Odyssey TPB   07-09-03
Groo Nursery TPB   07-10-02
Groo Maiden TPB   04-24-02
Groo Library TPB   07-25-01
Groo Kingdom TPB   03-14-01
Groo Jamboree TPB   07-19-00
Groo Inferno TPB   10-27-99
Groo Houndbook TPB   06-09-99
Groo: Death and Taxes TPB   01-29-03
Groo: Death and Taxes #4 (of 4)   05-08-02
Groo: Death and Taxes #3 (of 4)   03-20-02
Groo: Death and Taxes #2 (of 4)   01-30-02
Groo: Death and Taxes #1 (of 4)   12-26-01
Groo: Mightier than the Sword TPB   02-20-02
Groo: Mightier than the Sword #4 (of 4)   04-19-00
Groo: Mightier than the Sword #3 (of 4)   03-15-00
Groo: Mightier than the Sword #2 (of 4)   02-16-00
Groo: Mightier than the Sword #1 (of 4)   01-19-00
Groo and Rufferto TPB    04-26-00
Groo & Rufferto #4 (of 4)   04-14-99
Groo & Rufferto #3 (of 4)   03-10-99
Groo & Rufferto #2 (of 4)   01-27-99
Groo & Rufferto #1 (of 4)   12-23-98
Groo: The Most Intelligent Man in the World TPB   12-02-98
Groo #4 (of 4)   04-22-98
Groo #3 (of 4)   03-25-98
Groo #2 (of 4)   02-25-98
Groo #1 (of 4)   01-28-98

	...other than those I believe there were the original Groo
Chronicles, which I did not list. I do not have my collection readily
available due to them being in storage (Mom's place is great for that),
so I do not know exactly who published the original Groo Chronicles or
when.
	So... besides all of this, am I missing something? I just hope I
am not annoying people on this list by asking members to perhaps repeat
knowledge most people here are already completely aware of.
	One final question would then be, are there currently any
English runs of Groo stories published as reprints or originals? If not
then the last Goo story printed in English was in 2003 by Dark Horse in
the Groo Odyssey, correct?

	Thanks a bunch in advance Groopies!
_TONE_