[Groop] Official Unofficial Groo listing

Tone Tone at moon-shine.net
Sat May 6 21:31:34 PDT 2006

	I just got the 1984 Groo promo poster with the Dragon image from
the cover of Epic/Marvel #2 on it. I was checking it off for my own
collection according to the Official Unofficial list and noticed there
seemed to be a discrepancy. The listing says that poster is 11x17", but
the poster I have is actually 11x16". It seems to me Gary, who I believe
oversees the list, is a perfectionist, so I thought I would mention it.

	Another thing I got to add to my collection recently is the 12
comics from the Image series. Something I noticed about my newly
acquired copy of issue 12 from that series is it seems a bit faded in
its colors. In my own opinion the lightness in color does not appear to
be fading from sunlight or anything, but instead seems to be a genuine
de-saturation in color caused by printing issues. When I actually look
at Sergio's name above the Groo title on the cover it especially seems
semi-pixelated, and when I take and even closer look of the "o" in
"Aragones" the top and bottom of the "o" appear to hardly be noticeable.
This just makes me wonder if anyone else out there has noticed a similar
print defect.

	Something else I am curious about now that I have the 12 Image
comics is in regards to all the extra stories, such as the back cover
Rufferto stories and The Sage or Minstrel side stories, etc. I believe
Gary has attempted to provide unofficial titles for a number of The Sage
stories within various Groo comics, but what about any titles for the
Rufferto strips on many back covers? I guess I am also wondering which
side and back cover stories might be original or reprints, etc.
_TONE_