[Groop] A little help?

No Way no_way8888 at yahoo.com
Sat May 20 09:09:44 PDT 2006

Greetings, Groop...

  I'll try and keep this short and simple... as I've commented earlier, I won't be able to join the annual not-trip to San Diego this year, as that's exactly where I'm planning on being come July 19th.  However, I do have a definite reason for being there (other than drooling fanboyishly in Mark, Sergio, and Stan's vicinity... Tom's too, if he's there); I have a comic project that I've been working on for a few years now, and I've finally decided to get off my butt and see if I can't browbeat some editor or other into taking a look at it.

  As it stands now, it's simply a script- while I can figure-draw well enough, my backgrounds are woefully inadequate, so I decided to play to my strengths and stick with the writing.  My question is- some of the Groopers (Groopies?  We really do need to get that straightened out some year...) have indicated that they've presented stuff in the past, and I was wondering if I could get some advice- maximum bang for my con buck, as it were; this trip is setting me back a bit, and I want to do everything I can to give the best chance of getting published.  For that matter, Mark, if this little missive happens to snag your attention, your advice would be greatly appreciated as well.

  Er... just to be absolutely clear- I'm mostly asking for presentation tips on how to show/hype the script... I *think* it's in the proper format already.

  Cheers,
  David