[Groop] Groo Game

No Way no_way8888 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 11 21:15:42 PST 2006

Andrew Krakowski <bumrecordingstudios at gmail.com> wrote:    oh man, open and no 'inside' shots = missing stuff.

I have it, it's open (just had to look and it was a gift), but I've
never assembled it or played it.

Is it fun?

Drew

  It's quite a bit of fun- it's a 'quickie' type game- usually only about half an hour (although it can be as little as ten minutes or over an hour, depending on what comes up), although you have to be a bit careful- given that the entire objective of the game is to harass, bully, annoy, intimidate, and otherwise befuddle your opponents (usually by siccing Groo on them), some people can get quite upset if they take it too seriously.

  Of course, as you've already seen, it has Sergio's wonderful art (the art on the "Orphanage" card is particularly funny, although that has to be the single most overpowered card in the game...)- and the best part is, to a Groo fan, the cards all make sense in their functions (such as Chakaal being immune to Groo, heh).

  Cheers,
  David