[Groop] OT; Yankees Pitcher Cory Lidle

Larry Steller mrgrooism at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 12 04:41:22 PDT 2006

 [url
"http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20061011&content_id=1708962&vkey=news_nyy&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy"]Yankees
pitcher Cory Lidle died tonight when his plane crashed into an Upper
East Side Manhattan High Rise.[/url]

<a
href="http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20061011&content_id=1708962&vkey=news_nyy&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy">Yankees
pitcher Cory Lidle died yesterday when his plane crashed into an Upper
East Side Manhattan High Rise.</a>

*sigh*

He was a good man who will be sorely missed.

My office is right near the Players' Wives Lounge, where their little
kids are babysat during the Yankees Games. Players would often walk by,
but I never bothered them, as I try to be as unobtrusive as possible.

Only one player in the last two years ever paused while passing by to
say hello.

That's right, Cory Lidle.

Hey, I'm fine with the other players just passing by, they're on their
way to see their wives and kids, so of course their priorities are in
the right place. I just want to point out what a Class Act Cory Lidle
was.

His first day at Yankee Stadium, on his way to see his wife and son
waiting before the game in the Wive's Lounge, Cory made it a point to
stop by the office and introduce himself. We shook hands, my boss and I
welcomed him to the team and told him a little bit about what we do,
and he left the impression of being just a kind-hearted, friendly,
super guy. I became an instant Cory Lidle fan!

Like I said, he was truly a Class Act, a kind, decent man who will be
sorely missed by all! Rest in Peace, buddy!

[:(][heart][:/][/reply]

-Larry "Mr. Grooism" Steller, Mendicant First Class
http://www.myspace.com/mrgrooism

Favorite Links:
NEWS FROM ME: http://www.newsfromme.com/
POVONLINE: http://www.povonline.com/ ;