[Groop] Sergio's upcoming Con appearances

Tone Tone at moon-shine.net
Mon Aug 20 21:24:08 PDT 2007

Mr. Glorko (aka Chris),
            According to the HHH site, the event will be held this
coming weekend. Even though I might be considered an extreme cyclist, I
highly doubt I could bike down to Texas in less than five days and STILL
have the energy to ride another 100 miles. :-) Realistically it would
take me about 12 days if I could manage to ride 100 miles a day without
hitting any serious elevation. ;) Besides, I generally do not
participate in races unless they are for charity or work related.
Primarily I ride for utilitarian reasons. As far as visiting with the
Texas Groopies, wouldn't it make more sense for you guys to come up to
visit me in PA, where we can hang outside with a nice natural cool
breeze rather than stay in doors and use up electricity with the air
conditioner?

Eric,
            Route 66 runs 2514 miles from Chicago to Santa Monica. That
would take me at least 120 miles out of my way! ;) Not to mention I live
in York, PA, which is over 600 miles more. I think I would MUCH rather
bike only 116 miles in one day to see Sergio and possibly get a signed
Anniversary Special in person in the same year as Groo's anniversary. Is
my logic flawed? :-)
_TONE_