[Groop] Spaced: the DVD

H. Barker hb239 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jul 3 06:19:31 PDT 2007

On Tue, 3 Jul 2007, J Brooks wrote:

> This weekend I watched on DVD the first season of a 1999 British comedy
> television show, called SPACED.  It is by the makers of the films Shaun
> of the Dead, and Hot Fuzz.
>
> The main character in Spaced is a comic book artist, who works part time
> in a local comic store.  In episode five, there is a scene of him
> working behind the counter in the comic store, and in prominent view on
> the shelf behind him, is a copy of The Death of Groo Graphic Novel.

Spaced is a big cultural thing on this side of the pond, especially for
geeks like us. Personally I love it, it's a great representation of the
genre and of sci-fi and all things geek.

My best friend is an American and I forced him to sit down and watch them
all back to back and now he owns the box set.

For those who haven't seen it, you don't know what you're missing!