[Groop] New eBay finds

Tone Tone at moon-shine.net
Sat Mar 10 11:47:57 PST 2007

	I just came across a necktie with designs on it from Sergio,
although it does not appear to have any imagery of Groo. Still I thought
some people in the Groop might be interested in it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190091061142

	Next up are two of those rare Groo miniatures, both pack #702
and both from the same seller. However one pack is with the red blister
pack and the other has the green blister pack with Groo characters on
it.
	For those who do not know, the reason why there are two versions
of each of the miniature packs (5 in all) is because from my
understanding the custom packaging with the Groo imagery was not made in
time, so Dark Horse used a generic blister pack it had just to get the
miniatures out to the fans sooner. Eventually the green blister packs
with the Groo characters on the background became available, so they
re-issued the miniatures in those.
	Red pack in pretty good condition:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SERGIO-ARAGONES-GROO-25mm-figures-702-RED-CARD_W0QQi
temZ320091357353
	Green pack in not so great shape, but with no missing pieces:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SERGIO-ARAGONES-GROO-25mm-figures-702-GREEN-CARD_W0Q
QitemZ320091357416
	I suppose if you were an extremely anal collector you might even
try to collect 10 packs in all (5 red and 5 green), but good luck.
Besides you would be denying other Groo fans the opportunity to have
some of their own. By the way, if you are picky about the condition of
the packs... DO NOT BE. Seriously, the miniatures are pretty hard to
come across and when you do find them they usually are not in the
greatest condition. In case you are wondering it appears the fourth
(Warriors & wenches) and the fifth (The multi-piece dragon) seem to be
the most difficult packs to acquire.
	Oh yeah the seller seems to have some other Sergio related
items, so some of you might want to look at the rest of his auction
listings. And for those newer Groo fans out there, he actually has a
complete 120 comic set of the Marvel/Epic issues. That would be the bulk
of anyone's collection I would imagine.

	Apart from those little	eBay gems, it seems I also come across a
few scattered posters with Groo in them all the time. I do not seem to
match these with Gary's official/un-official Groo merchandise list
though. Perhaps I am missing something though because Gary is QUITE
thorough when it comes to Groo. The posters I run into quite often are
group "shots" of numerous comic characters, like this one:
	1986, VOICE FOR CHILDREN poster, 19x25"
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320091347066
...and this one:
	1987, CARTOONIST'S CONSTITUTION poster, 19x25"
http://cgi.ebay.com/1987-COMIC-STRIP-POSTER-SPIDER-MAN-GROO-PRINCE-VALIA
NT_W0QQitemZ6614535683
...and yet another:
	1988, ECLIPSE COMICS UNIVERSE poster, 34x22"
http://cgi.ebay.com/ECLIPSE-COMICS-POSTER-MIRACLEMAN-ZORRO-GROO-ROCKETEE
R_W0QQitemZ140056674711
	I do not know if Gary or other people know about them or
consider them at all Groo collectables. Personally I do not have any of
them in my own collection, but I am curious what other people think.

_TONE_