[Groop] More Membership Card Ideas

Tone Tone at moon-shine.net
Thu May 10 16:21:34 PDT 2007

Womble,
	I am going with three cards myself. One card will have my Groop
name of "Tone", which I intend on actually carrying around in "pride" as
a cliché "card-carrying member." The second card will act as a
semi-backup in case I loose the first card. I will certainly avoid
loosing the first card because I of course plan on keeping the second
card in mint condition along with my Groo collection.
	The third card will have my full legal name. I might carry that
with me as well for the sheer purpose of an ultra-geeky form of
identification. I figure no one would ever conceive of any mentally
sound identity thief attempting to use something as bizarre as a Groop
membership card to establish another person's identification. Who could
possibly doubt I was in fact the actually mendicant carrying a mulch
defining card?? :)

Gary,
	First off, you are indeed unbelievable! I must give you a round
of applause for certainly causing the Groop membership card order to
become overwhelmingly more complex than it ever had to be. However I
honestly must admit I like having more choices! I am going to have to
get back to you (soon I promise!) about what coloring and text I want on
my cards... with all the choices I must actually THINK about this.
Ultimately this new stage of options might result with me sending you
MORE money for more cards. :)
	By the way, just to confirm, you did get my PayPal payment
already, correct? Was the extra buck I tacked on enough to cover the
fees?
	In regards to the Motor City T-shirts, I think it would be nice
to have one if possible. Since there will most likely be a limited
amount available for initial sale to the Groop, I am actually willing to
fore-go my desire to have a shirt if there are not enough to go around.
However if there are indeed enough, I would like to get one or two in a
medium and/or large size (whichever is most available). We can deal with
that though once you know more concrete info about the situation.

Everyone (including Gary),
	If there are Groopies going to the Motor City Con as Gary has
pointed out, would it not be possible for a couple of those members to
infiltrate the Con and acquire multiple Groo shirts as extras for some
of the rest of the Groop? I do not know if any Groop attendees would be
willing to buy and haul extra T-shirts for fellow members, especially if
it might require extra coordination in handling the financial and
mailing aspects of the "mission."
	If those attending are willing to do the footwork and
trustworthy enough, but do not have the venture capital to cover the
purchase of extra Motor City Groo Shirts, I MIGHT be willing to fund the
operation to some degree depending on the person/people involved. I
think I would only be willing to front the cost of the shirts though,
not any efforts/labor. The reason for that is because if it was me
going, I would be doing what I could to score as many fellow Groop
members T-shirts as possible as long as I knew I would just be getting
back what I spent on the shirts.

_TONE_