[Groop] Thanks Mike for the mention

Dominick Cronenberg domino at dejazzd.com
Sat Nov 24 21:59:20 PST 2007

Yes I manned Sergio's booth, what a rush when he asked me. I guess waiting for Mark to show up paid off. Mike is a super guy and his wife (?) she was a sweetheart.

Just wanted to say that Mark told me that my hat (25th anniversary) was the first one he had signed, Sorry Gary.

The show was nice not crowed and you got to chat with a lot of artist. The Groo panel was great sorry I missed you Elie, where were you sitting?

I just wanted to let you know I have in my hands 6 extra copies of the programs, I got greedy and kept taking them. Sorry free Groo art I can't help myself. I want TONE, Eric and Gary to know if they want them just say the word. That leaves 3. I am not the kind of guy who takes money for freebies, but if you want one first come first served, just send me the postage which shouldn't be much.

Well time to sleep, it was a 6 and a half hour drive for me to go to the con.

By the way that burning ship is in my yard again.

First met Sergio Aragones at the Mid Ohio Con many years ago and have seen him a few times since at conventions in Detroit and Chicago, but it's been at least five years, so was looking forward to crossing paths with him again at this year's Mid Ohio Con (with the added bonus of Mark Evanier also being present).

Arrived right at the opening time but had to wait through a half hour line before I finally got in the exhibition hall.  After picking up a couple of programs with Sergio's great cover, immediately went to his table.  Fortunately, he wasn't too busy yet and was able to chat and get a couple of pictures with him and drop off my most recent MAD lists (Sergio is the second most frequent contributor behind Al Jaffee with 408 issues and has the second longest consecutive streak behind Dick DeBartolo with 373 consecutive issues).  Friendly, gregarious, and funny as always, it was a blast meeting him again and watch him interact with other fans.  He even had enough time to work on a commissioned original sketch for me with and Alfred E. Neuman running a marathon theme that I requested.   Didn't take him long as he's as fast as always (faster than I run a marathon!) and the finished product was also great as always.  Also met Grooper Dominick (sp?) while he manning Serigio's...nice guy!

Later on, went to the always entertaining panel by Mark and Sergio and then said my goodbyes after another fun trip to the Mid Ohio Con!

Mike S.