[Groop] Misc. Stuff

Grossmann, Gary (DOR) GaryG at DOR.WA.GOV
Fri Oct 5 14:38:40 PDT 2007

Hi Folks!

Here is another combined post in my continuing efforts to not be the top
poster again.

First off, nothing is happenning at the moment with the hats.  Almost
everyone has paid me, but Sergio is a very busy guy (creating more Groo!
Yea!) and I don't exactly live across the street.  BUT...it should be
worked out soon and everyone will get their hats.

On the "freebie" front, everyone except Sean (that's Sean the Brit, not
to be confused with Sean not the Brit, Shawn the guy, Shawn the girl, or
any other Sean/Shawn's that might be out there) should have received
their freebies.  At least a couple envelopes were torn, but apparently
there was no damage to the Groo cover.  Also, I hope you all found the
button taped inside the back cover of the program.

Other stuff:

Larry!  Where are you?

Hey!  Is everyone enjoying the Groo Special?  Does everyone in the far
flung reaches of the world have their copy?  I am having a great, great
time savoring it.  It is sooooooo cool to have new Groo!

George did not file a Con report (he is an extremely busy guy!) and tell
you about his Major Con Coup!!!  Now he probably thinks it's too late.
But it's not.  You all want to hear it, right?  C'mon George. Tell 'um!

There have been a number of Groo issues that Tom did not color.  In the
past the reason was because he was doing something like coloring The
Death of Groo and didn't have time to color the monthly comic.  An
excellent colorist (who was sometimes named Janice Cohen, but she kept
changing it) did a few for that reason.  I hope the reason this time is
because Tom has a gig that pays more than two cents an hour.  (Tom loves
doing Groo, but all of Sergio's open lines make digital coloring very
time consuming)

I think the whole bicycle sidecar thing should be set up so that Tone
pedals and Glorko steers!

My ebay handle is real mysterious: garyg5678  I don't buy much on ebay
anymore, but when a Groo List item comes up that I don't have, I will
bid against other Groopies. Although some of you are just so darn nice
to me, when you find out I'm bidding, you let me have it!  Thanks!

I usually don't buy unique Groo items on ebay anymore either, mostly
because they cost too darn much and there is usually someone, like
BErt's brother wolvergeek, who has much deeper pockets than I do.  (Boy,
when I get done putting my kids through college, are you in trouble!)

Another thing I've done is if we figure out the seller has more than one
copy, I agree with my fellow Groopie who will bid the first time around
and who will wait.  That saves both of us some kopins.

Years ago Dennis White and I had an epic ebay battle (which he won) for
the color proof to Pacific Groo #1.  It was at a time when a number of
pretty cool Pacific Groo items showed up  Fortunately (for me,
unfortunately for him), wolvergeek and a couple others were not around
at that time.  At the same time Shane "I have a Sketch Crad & You Don't"
Clarke and I decided between us who would bid on the color proofs for #2
and #3 so we wouldn't jack up the price on each other.

That's more than enough on ebay.

WAY Off Topic:  Anyone watching Heroes?  The Long Suffering Mrs. G and I
are hooked.  The only other show we watch is Ugly Betty.  Both have
numerous plotlines that zig zag across each other all of the time.  I
think there should be an Ugly Betty/Heroes Crossover!

Take care all -Gary G.

PS  If I had 6 ebay names, I'd probably end up buying something from
myself after jacking up the price in a bidding war with a couple of my
other selves.