[Groop] my take on ebay

Dana Gabbard dgabbard at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 10 11:22:36 PDT 2007

The dynamics of auctions can be complicated. The BBC has a fascinating show
that illustrates this, Bargain Hunt, that is on BBC America and some local
PBS stations. Two teams are given a sum of money (like 100 pounds) and with
an expert for advice are given an hour at a swap meet to buy some items.
Then the items are sold as part of an auction. The winners are whoever make
the most profit. As host David Dickinson often notes, it is surprising what
does or doersn't sell well. It is a fun show and really proves one perosn's
junk can be another's treasure.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/94/index.jsp