[Groop] Best running gag?

Tone Tone at moon-shine.net
Sun Sep 2 17:37:12 PDT 2007

Kristian,
	My favorite running gags are:

1) Mulch
	The Sage's dog is just so darn cute. Plus, the definition of
mulching in on the back of our Groop membership cards. Due to its more
politically correct wording, it is also a great substitute to bull $#!+

2) Did I err?
	This is simply a classic within Groo. It is always terrific to
see how the Groo crew manages to concoct a way for Groo to bring
disaster to whatever he comes upon. I vaguely remember that issue where
Groo wandered into that naval fleet/armada, and thinking "Uh oh, I have
no idea how, but SOMEHOW Sergio and Mark are going to figure out someway
for Groo to sink them all, and I DEFINITELY want to see how they are
going to orchestrate it all." :)

3) Cheese Dip
	Apart from being somewhat amusing as a running gag when I was a
kid, I find the cheese dip gag even more so humorous these days.
Theoretically I should become more mature as I grow older, but one of my
favorite activities is to hang out with friends and play shoot-'em-up
video games. When I can gather up a good amount of friends to join into
the fray we will always have snacks, and one of the things I like having
on hand to compliment the chips is cheese dip! Along with the cheese dip
though, I will usually wear a Groo "Cheese Dip" T-shirt I have as a good
luck charm to aid me in my virtual battling skills. :)

4) No one calls Groo a Mendicant
	I just like it when Groo kills someone for calling him a
mendicant because it is pretty obvious Groo is lashing out at that
person out of sheer ignorance... even ignorance beyond his usual
lack-of-intelligence level. We all know the dead person was simply
stating a fact and calling Groo exactly what he is. Most of the time
when real-life confrontations occur, they are usually a result of
miscommunication and egotism. I tend to try to avoid senseless physical
confrontations, so remembering how Groo might react helps remind me I
can be smarter than that and brings a smile to me at the same time. I
suppose one could say rather than living according to the phrase "What
would Jesus Do?", I might be living by "What Groo would not do or at
least not do best."

5) Mark and Sergio's scam of selling running gags to the fans,
	What list of running gags in Groo would be complete without the
joke Sergio and Mark keep mentioning themselves about squeezing every
buck and cent (and maybe sense) out of their fans by rehashing jokes and
stories out of their filing cabinets filled with old stuff? I think many
of my fellow Groo fans would simply refer to that as a time-honored
tradition! :)

_TONE_