[Groop] Baltimore Comic Con Photos

Tone Tone at moon-shine.net
Wed Sep 12 07:57:21 PDT 2007

Eric,
	Thanks for posting up the links to your Baltimore Con photos. I
had actually been trying to avoid having my face being connected to
Groo, but I guess now everyone in the world can see. It is not even my
best photo either. <sigh> ;)
	 I thought it was funny to avoid having my photo up because of
that "Guess the Grooper Game" on Groo.com, but now I suppose I might
have to worry about someone picking me out of the line up. "Yes your
honor, I am guilty of being a Groopie. Did I Err?"

	Also, Eric, I hope you do not mind, but I copied the photo of us
with Sergio just to have on my own computer for personal use. I know
Flickr has some degree of image copying protection, but I bypassed it. I
hope you do not mind.
	Normally when someone tries to click on an image and do a "Save
Picture As.", Flickr will only allow users to save a single pixel ".gif"
image, which is named "spaceball" by default. Well, I looked at the
source code for that web page on Flickr, and I was able to figure out
the actual full sized source image. For the casual viewer it is not
obvious, but it is surprisingly not that hard either. Just look at the
source code for the web page and perform a text search for "spaceball,"
which is easy since it only seems to appear once. On that same line
before the "spaceball" text string will be an image URL for a ".jpg"
image. In this case it started with "http://farm2.static.flickr.com",
but I would image each separate image URL might be different due to how
Flickr's file servers are physically maintained.
	By the way, I am not describing how to over come Flickr's mild
security measures in order for people to violate the potentially
copyrighted material of Flickr users. I am just explaining the process
because some people might actually want to host their own web site with
a bunch of their own photos, but their server might have a limited
storage capacity. This way anyone can host all their photos on Flickr,
figure out the direct URL links, then simply point to their photos on
Flickr within their own web pages.

_TONE_