[Groop] Groop names in Special

Mark Lisa & Jamie brownhome at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Sep 13 19:06:37 PDT 2007

Similar thing just happened to my four year old son Jamie as relayed to me
by my wife (Lisa).

He has been going to "Toddler Disco" classes since he was two and a couple
of months ago,  they had their first "exams", to which Jamie could not go as
we were away.  Today classes started again after the summer holidays and
afterwards a big thing was made of the kids being presented with their
rosettes and certificates.

When Jamie was the only one still sitting down and realised that he wasn't
going to get called up or receive anything - he apparently turned and looked
at Lisa with one of  "those" expressions only four year olds and beaten
puppies can achieve, which caused her and a couple of the other mums to
burst into tears.. Im still not sure who was the most inconsolable.

Hopefully he will not be psychologically scarred by the event, which in
years to come will probably be masked by the memory of his parents making
him go to "Disco" anyway...

I won an egg and spoon race 28 years ago and the prize was given to someone
else by mistake - now THAT'S emotional pain..

M.

Subject: Re: [Groop] Groop names in Special

I distinctly remember being missed at a high school scholarship awards
ceremony (was left sitting in the stands, but no award to give me)