[Groop] Groo TPB on eBay & a Question

Alexander Durnan alexian.emperor at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 20 22:23:19 PDT 2008

I did something similar a few years ago.  I was living in Connecticut for a few months working on a new build ship.  I bought a cheap bike there to use in and around the hotel and shipyard.  When the ship was ready to leave for Alaska (its final destination) I brought the bike on board and used in the ports along the way (Fort Lauderdale, Panama, Acapulco, San Diego, Seattle).  Finally on reaching Juneau, Alaska, the bike was my companion for a few days before I flew home.  I tried unsuccessfully to pawn it there, but finally one of my co workers took it for a needy family, which was fine with me, as I had no intention of lugging the thing back home with me.  I did briefly consider riding it home to Delaware but that idea didn't last.  Anyway it was a great fun and very useful while I had it.  It cost about $110, and I definitely got my money's worth out of it.  So give it a go Gary.  There are worse ways to travel to San Diego.
Oh, Tone, you haven't bicycled  until you have bicycled on an open car deck on a ship in the middle of a rolling sea.  Its like biking very lots of short but steep hills, only you can't see them.   Hey, a guy has to do something to stay fit on a ship.
Alex