[Groop] Groo TPB on eBay & a Question

Grossmann, Gary (DOR) GaryG at DOR.WA.GOV
Fri Apr 25 11:24:28 PDT 2008

Hi Folks!

What I hope it means is that interest in Groo is on th rise because of
his return after a 5 years+ hiatus.  I guess we'll get an indication of
that when the sales figures for HOE #4 come out.  There is usually a
progressive drop in sales of a series, but #3 actually sold a few more
than #2.  So if there is not much drop off for #4 despite the time lag,
that will be a really good sign.  I hope the reprints really are coming
out soon and that they sell well.

Maybe, just maybe, that will help the possibility of a movie deal.  I've
become very dubious about whether that will ever happen because no one
wants to give Sergio & Mark the creative control they require.  Mark has
said he can understand this in many respects since a studio will be
commiting a ton of money, but still you are talking about two guys who
have been making millions of people laugh together and individually for
something close to 90 years between them.  Sheesh.  It seems to me that
Mignola and Del Toro had creative control with Hellboy and Hellboy was
less well known than Groo before the movie.  Oh, well...

Gary G.