[Groop] 2008 CBG's Annual Fan Awards nominations...vote Groo!!!

Andrew Krakowski bumrecordingstudios at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 14:40:26 PST 2008

I voted (all Groo, except for Conan for a trade/graphic novel).

Which reminds of my favourite story about Dimebag Darrel (I wasn't
really a fan but...).  I was reading about the first time Dimebag
de-throned Eddie Van Halen in the Readers Choice Awards for Guitar
World magazine in the late 90's and Guitar World had a joking comment
about how they had to re-check every ballot to make sure the voting
wasn't rigged by Dimebag with something to the effect of: "We only
found one ballot with Dimebag's trademark purple goatee hairs, where
every entry was Ace Freeley except 'favourite blues' which had 'Judas
Priest'".  Anyway blah blah blah, way off topic but I still get a
laugh when I think of that.

Cheers!
Drew

--