[Groop] Groo Con 2008

Bodhikt at aol.com Bodhikt at aol.com
Mon Jan 21 18:27:32 PST 2008

In a message dated 1/21/2008 1:36:25 PM Pacific Standard Time,
macquarrie at earthlink.net writes:

>>Last year was unbearable; the panels were
so overcrowded they had to make all the hallways one-way traffic.<<
This actually helped... took some getting used to, but at least there wasn't
the sensation of moving against the flow, no matter which way you were going.
Of course, I only attended "Sergio" panels, and braved the dealers' room only
to say "Hi!" to Sergio, Stan and such Groop members/friends who were working
or who arranged "fan club" meetings there.

.>>And since they've changed the guest policy for pros this year, I'd have to
pay for
three memberships for my kids, it's not worth going.<<

Last year, only one pro guest was "free", and charge paid for additional
guests. If the kids are under 12, they're still free and 12-17 get the jr rate,
which is less than half the adult rate. You'd be paying a little over $100 for
the four + days for the three kids ... which is a lot less than most other
vacation venues/events, at least here in S. Calif. And if they're over 17...
they're adults, and should be paying their own way, one way or another.  I've been
paying for my two, but they're obligated to provide "mule service" ....

This year, more events, etc. will be at the Con hotels, rather than at the
Convention Center, so that should relieve some of the crowding. They also are
seriously looking at moving the gaming to the "other" convention center, in
Mission Valley. The trolley is about a block away, and probably as quick of a ride
to the convention center as are the shuttles from the downtown hotels and off
site parking lots.

Kaytee
Good housekeeping is an exact science. I'm into art.