[Groop] Groo Custom Hardcovers...

Alexander Durnan alexian.emperor at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 23 19:38:53 PST 2008

Hardcovers would be great!  I'd be happy with the continuation of the paperback range for the time being too.  Marvel's Masterworks series have been first class.  Almost all classic Marvel comics from the '60s have been reprinted in this wonderful format.  Now Marvel has upped the ante by creating the Omnibus series.  Same thing but bigger.  The Omnibus collections have about 30 issues apiece as opposed to 10 in the Masterworks.  They also have all the original letters columns (a must for a future Groo hardcover).  Their price is a bit higher book for book, but works out cheaper issue by issue.  The only thing I don't like about them is they are so damn heavy.  Not good for bathroom reading!  But hey, they are still pretty sweet.
So if it were up to me, I'd like to see the Groo issues done in a large Omnibus format (approximately 30 issues apiece).  Also they should be in chronological order not rearranged like in some of the Groo trades.  The original covers should be there too, full page size also not like in the Groo trades.
Shall we have a poll from the rest of the Groop on this?