[Groop] 2009 Conventions

Larry Steller mrgrooism at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 24 13:46:36 PST 2008

Chad Riden <chadmriden at mac.com> wrote:

I thought it was hilarious.. but when Mark didn't post anything about
it I started thinking, "oh, my Megatheos.. what if he really DID
rumble?!" Which was even funnier to me.

At cons, it really should be standard operating procedure.. that if
someone approaches Sergio or Mark or Stan or Tom and mentions "the
Groop" or flashes a Groop Membership card or is wearing a Groop t-
shirt, that they be tackled by security and drug away without
explanation, just for the show of it. Then Mark or whoever could just
continue on with what they were doing without acknowledging what just
went down, as if it's no big deal. Maybe have someone there
inconspicuously videotaping onlookers' reactions.

How awesome would that be if that randomly happened every once in a
while throughout the day?

Chad

Personally I think Gary should be shackled to Sergio's table at the San Diego Con. Not only would it be funny as hell, it wouldn't inconvenience him in the least, as long as we threw donuts at him occasionally and dragged him by the ankles to the Groo panel.

-Larry "mrgrooism" Steller, Master Mendicant

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

Favorite Links:
YANKEE STADIUM TOURS: http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/ballpark/stadium_tours.jsp
FORGOTTEN NEW YORK: http://www.forgotten-ny.com
LIBRARYTHING: http://www.librarything.com