[Groop] MO-KAN comic con

Dougie McCoy dougiemccoy at cox.net
Tue Sep 23 16:32:20 PDT 2008

Hello Groo,

This is my quick MO-KAN comic con report.

KC is somewhere around 270 miles so me and my friends rented a car on
Saturday morning. And we got to the con right before noon. Right on
time, the Groo panel was at 12:30 so I got in line to talk to the guys
and hand out the original art I did for them.

First was Tom Luth
http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q118/dougiemccoy/?action=view
<http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q118/dougiemccoy/?action=view&curren
t=cad.jpg> &current=cad.jpg
I gave him the drawing of both Groo and Usagi since he works on both
books.

Next was Stan Sakai
http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q118/dougiemccoy/?action=view
<http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q118/dougiemccoy/?action=view&curren
t=stan1.jpg> &current=stan1.jpg
On the pic you can see him hold up my art.

Sergio had the biggest group around him of course.., I gave the art that
I did for the Groo 25 anv. For the san diego con book, he seams to like
it. http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q118/dougiemccoy/?action=view
<http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q118/dougiemccoy/?action=view&curren
t=sergio2.jpg> &current=sergio2.jpg

Then Mark I gave him a DNAgent drawing that sucked (sorry Mark) I
thinking of coming up with something new and then give it to him on a
later date. But here is signing my groo hat.
http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q118/dougiemccoy/?action=view
<http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q118/dougiemccoy/?action=view&curren
t=mark1.jpg> &current=mark1.jpg

I emailed Mark before the con asking if I could get some face to face
with him so I could show some of the stuff I was working to get his
input and he email me back saying he would... so I was excited since
Mark is one of the best he also works and has worked with the best of
the best in comics. So if can give me input I'm going to listen.

Mark said he would have time after the panel. The panel was the great
fun of course full of great story's I (think) I meet promethea at kc.rr.com
there I'm sorry I didn't get your name I was to excited about the con.
Mark being the great guy he is I was thinking maybe we could talk for
about 15 mins or so but I think we chatted foe about a hour and half.

He told me what he liked about my art and more import what I need t work
on. And gave me a good pep talk and telling to keep in touch. THANKS
AGAIN MARK!!

Here a pic of him chatting
http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q118/dougiemccoy/?action=view
<http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q118/dougiemccoy/?action=view&curren
t=mark2.jpg> &current=mark2.jpg

The guys where great and treated me like royalty. being in the Groo has
its pluses..

Dougiemccoy
Cartoonist/Inker
www.dougiemccoy.com