[Groop] Groo News from ME

Grossmann, Gary (DOR) GaryG at DOR.WA.GOV
Thu Apr 2 16:57:26 PDT 2009

"So at least for a while, it looks like we're back in the monthly GROO
business." -ME

Hallelujah!!!!

Restrainedly Yours,

Gary G.

-----Original Message-----
From: groop-bounces at groo.com [mailto:groop-bounces at groo.com] On Behalf
Of Mark Evanier
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2009 4:48 PM
To: groop at groo.com
Subject: [Groop] Groo News from ME

Hi, everyone.  I finally have stuff to tell you...

Amazon is listing THE GROO TREASURY, VOL. 1.  This is a paperback (in
color) collecting all the early GROO tales...pretty much everything
before we got to Epic.  I'm finalizing the contents this week and Sergio

is searching for all the old film that Dark Horse will need in order to
reproduce the book.

Once he finds it all, Dark Horse will schedule THE GROO PARADE, which
will continue the reprinting of the Epic issues.  This volume is
tentatively planned to contain eight stories but it won't be twice as
expensive as if it only contained four.

Sergio and I are working on two GROO mini-series.  The first one, a
normal four-issue series, will probably appear in October, November,
December and January.

Then in February, we'll have the first of four issues of GROO/CONAN.  I
have Sergio's pencil art for the first issue here but because some of
the art is by Tom Yeates, and Tom is busy with another project right
now, it'll take a while to get this done.  That's why we're doing the
other mini-series first.

GROO/CONAN will *probably* be followed by the 12-issue mini-series,
GROO: FRIENDS AND FOES. This will be twelve barely-connected stories,
each spotlighting one of Groo's supporting characters or a team of
characters -- an issue about The Sage, an issue about Arba and Darkarba,

etc.

So at least for a while, it looks like we're back in the monthly GROO
business.

Somewhere in there, Dark Horse will reprint the six issues of MIGHTY
MAGNOR.  We're having a little trouble locating the film but when we do,

that will be scheduled.

Sergio and I are appearing at the Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo,
which is April 25-26.  I don't know about Sergio but I have no other
conventions scheduled until San Diego.

That is all.