[Groop] Groo News from ME

Mark Evanier evanier at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 10:25:18 PST 2009

It's been a while so I thought I'd pop in here and say a few things...

Work is progressing on the GROO/CONAN crossover...though we still don't
have a release date.  We don't even have a final name for the series.
But pages are being drawn.  That's a good sign.

No idea when THE GROO TREASURY is coming out.

Those of you who are dismayed that HOGS OF HORDER is at all political
should take heart.  The GROO/CONAN thing is not...though it may get some
folks in the comic book industry mad at us for various reasons.  It is,
however, full of fantasy and dragons and sillier stuff.  And since
Sergio and I are key characters in it, it has a lot less to do with the
real world.

The thing you have to remember about GROO -- about any Sergio/Mark
concoction, actually -- is that we write about what's going on in our
worlds at the time...what we're talking about, thinking about, etc.
Sometimes, connections to reality are less obvious than they are at
other times.

Meanwhile, Sergio and I will be guests at WonderCon in April in San
Francisco.  So far, I have no other conventions planned for '09 except
for that and San Diego.  Hope to see you all at one or both.