[Groop] Groo Fest 2009

Bodhikt at aol.com Bodhikt at aol.com
Wed Feb 4 08:17:07 PST 2009

In a message dated 2/4/2009 5:01:17 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
magnus at netrosys.com writes:

>>how long in advance should you book tickets to the event?  <<

Go to the CCI site (_http://www.comic-con.org/_ (http://www.comic-con.org/) )
NOW, and get  them. Over 16K full memberships have already been sold, which
is over a third  more than had been last year at this time.

>>I read something about a "preview night", is it worth attending  (if you
can get tickets)? <<
It's a madhouse, and only the dealer "room" is open (they may have some  sort
of programming this year), but it comes "free" with a full membership. No
separate tickets, except "comp" ones.

>>Also would the Groop have any get togheter there? Questions  questions! <<
That's sort of a #1 World Expert on All Things Grooish project-- ask  Gary.

>>Now the final and for me most important question: how do I make  sure I
meet Mark and Sergio there (attending the right panels and such)  ...?<<
There will be a schedule up for each of the days. Thursday has been a  "big
day" for Groo. Mark becomes triplets (at least) and MCs at least two  dozen
panels a day. Occasionally, he strolls by Sergio's table in the  dealers room,
but don't count on catching him there. Sergio's table is in the  "A-Z" section,
next to Scott Shaw!, and he's usually there unless he is at a  panel (only
does a couple), a meeting, or has been waylaid between. Gary and  other Groopers
act as bodyguards to get him to places on time, as well as help  out at his
booth. Stan Sakai has his own booth-- usually a corner booth in the  "high
number" aisles. Tom Luth wasn't there last year, but he may show up for  a Groo
panel; one year he did have a table in Artists' Alley. Gordon shows up  at Groo
panels, and with enough encouragement, will even "sit" on them.

Kaytee

"Each new generation born is in effect an  invasion of civilization by little
barbarians, who must be civilized before it  is too late." T. Sowell
net/clk;211531132;33070124;e)