[Groop] OT: The Eternals

Mo orst m00rst at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 11 19:38:46 PST 2009

I agree that Sandman is essential.

Some other GN's with a good balance of writing & art I would recommend:

Blankets by Craig Thompson
End Times / Tiempos Finales by Sam Hiti
Rocketo by Frank Espinosa
24Seven Vol. 1 & 2 by various

-Al

From: brownhome at blueyonder.co.uk
To: groop at groo.com
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 02:01:50 +0000
Subject: [Groop] OT:  The Eternals

I haven’t read a ‘graphic novel’ for a
number of years but a friend recently recommended “The Eternals”  (Neil
Gaiman and John Romita JR).  I thought the artwork looked pretty good,
threw my sensible middle aged comic apathy to the wind and bought a
copy.   This is the first comic (other than back-issues of Groo) I
can remember buying in a loooooooooong time and was surprised to see a forward
by ME.

I’ve not long finished it - and found to my surprise that
I really - REALLY enjoyed it – I had forgotten just how satisfying this
format can be !  In a bit of a mad spree I unsealed my Elektra Assassin
and Dark Knight Returns, some of my old 2000AD stuff and even attempted to
understand Stray Toasters again.  Comics are back in my life and I have a
hunger.

I have just bought Watchmen (somehow I never got around to
this one and want to read it before the film spoils it) and was wondering, whilst
I have re-gained some of my old excitement – what else is out there that
should be on my essentials list?

Rgs

Mark