[Groop] San Diego Con

Gary Grossmann garyg5678 at live.com
Thu Jul 23 00:18:53 PDT 2009

Hi Folks!

This is coming to you from my hotel in San Diego.  Preview night was nuts.  As others have said,  it is just another few hours of Con, nothing different and certainly not more mellow.

But first the cool news. Sergio has created two new limted edition (only 75) lithographs.  They are 11 x 17 fully colored and they are gorgeous!  One is Groo and a bunch of the "regular" characters.  The other is Groo in his natural state, fraying an army of Gorilla warriors. They are fabulous!  And the price is only $25 each. (You can buy the original art for $1,000 each. A bargain!)   I wish I could post a pic.  Maybe someone can in the next day or two.

I must tell you that I will be doing may darndest to sell as many as I can over the next 4 days.  But, I will be happy to take orders over the next couple days.  Send me $30 or $55 (The $5 is to cover postage and the #$%^ paypal fee. It may be more, but $5 is such a nice round number)  My paypal account is grossfamm at comcast.net. I'll send them in a very sturdy tube.

I don't really have much of a Con report.  The Long Suffering Mrs. G. and I didn't get to the Con until 6:30 and then I missed Steve "The Kunster" Kuhn when he came by the table.  I did see Groosagi and Kaytee and Magnus all the way from Sweden and his lovely wife, and also Forest.  I was surprised not to see Eric Chun. I managed to work my way to Stan's table. It's only a couple miles from Sergios.  Anywho, It's late.  More tomorrow.

Take care all,

Gary G.