[Groop] Multiple Subjects

Grossmann, Gary (DOR) GaryG at DOR.WA.GOV
Mon May 4 11:22:59 PDT 2009

I'm not big on what condition comics are in either.  I couldn't tell a
9.2 from a 9.8 to save myself.  I could never keep all of that fine,
very fine, near mint stuff straight.  I figure if you have to look at
real closely to determine what condition a comic book is in, it must be
in pretty good condition.  Obviously, if it's torn or stained or
creased, then it's not exchange material.  Other than obvious stuff like
that, I hope we don't worry about it.

Gary G.

________________________________

From: groop-bounces at groo.com [mailto:groop-bounces at groo.com] On Behalf
Of Ryan Simmons
Sent: Monday, May 04, 2009 6:00 AM
To: Groop at groo.com
Subject: Re: [Groop] Multiple Subjects

Hrm.  Well, I've already got a basic database set up with the names of
35 regular groopers and listings for all the regular groo comics
(Pacific, Eclipse, Marvel/Epic, Life, Death, DH mini-series).

To keep the ball rolling, it would be helpful if everyone could send me
what they need and what they have to offer for the comic exchange.  Then
I can start filling in the database and see exactly what we are dealing
with here before a single comic changes anyone's hands.

The biggest problem I see is the quality of comics.  Obviously we need
to exclude any comics that are torn, missing pages, stained, signed,
loose pages, etc.  However, when it comes down to really, really good
condition to pretty good condition, then we may have a problem.

Everyone is going to have a different opinion on what they personally
consider acceptable for their personal collection.  So in that area, we
need an understanding and a disclaimer of some sort.

Something along the lines of don't expect CGC 9.8 graded comics from
this exchange.  Just a groo comic for your missing groos that is in
really nice condition.

But anyway, send me your offers and wants, let me plug in all the data,
and I'll look up information on accurately predicting shipping charges
with weight involved, etc.  If we keep moving along with this its bound
to start happening.  I don't need any of the regular comics, nor am I
looking to trade any of them up in quality.  So if I start accepting
Groos from members, anything I receive will be turned around and set
right back out to someone else.

Though if anyone sends me a Groo Chronicles Expensive edition then its
going to mysteriously dissapear from the Groo Exhange stock.  :P  (Yeah,
like anyone would send one of those)

Ryan