[Groop] Comic Phone

Elie A. Harriett elie at harriett.us
Fri May 22 15:02:31 PDT 2009

I don't know.  I have the iPhone (read your email the first time on
it) and I use the iPhone for almost everything except making an
omlette and intimate adult contact.  I've tried reading comics on the
phone already and I just can't seem to get into it.

I'm actually not one of those people who feels they must read a book
because they love the feeling of the book and they love the smell of
paper, etc.  As a matter of fact, I have a Kindle DX on preorder as we
speak.  And I love reading books on the iPhone (just finished volume 1
of Carl von Klauswicz's treatise On War a couple weeks ago), but for
some reason, comic books just aren't working for me on the device.  I
can't get in to it.

EXCEPTION: I don't know if you'd call it a comic or a video, but I
downloaded the first volume of the Watchmen Motion Comic onto my phone
and watched the comic and heard it performed.  I thought the
experience was excellent for the device.  As a matter of fact, I
remember thinking that I'd switch to that type of format in an instant
if it was available for all my comics.

Elie