[Groop] Baltimore Comic-Con August 28 & 29 pictures

Neil Ottenstein neil.ottenstein at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 15:11:20 PDT 2010

[resending 3 messages originally sent while the list was down]

At this link are my photos from the first day of the Baltimore Comic-Con.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=30169&id=1826431160&l=7aef6c6c7a

I have pictures of Sergio at his table, including him signing one of
the lithos I bought.  I also have a picture of the sketch he made for
me in my sketchbook, his authograph in the 25th Anniversary issue, and
one of litho autographs.  The lithos come presigned but he added to
it.  I hope to take pictures at his panel today.

------------
I have photos - a few of Sergio, plus one of a piece he did for the
art auction.

I wanted to write up a few notes right away.

His presentation was at Noon today and he was great.  He went through
his history and I won't go into that.
I asked about his Five Decades book that is coming out in October.  He
said that he didn't want a Completely Mad set as he is still working.
If the Five Decades book does well, they'll probably do another one
with more selections over the years.  I asked him after the panel
whether they might do a Completely Mad 60s book or 70s book and he was
against that.  I asked him about whether they might do a collection of
his pocket books such as Viva Mad and so forth.  He said he owns that
material completely and he might consider doing something with those.
He does not want to saturate the market, though.

He said that he is inking issue #2 of Groo vs Conan.  Also, if you
were watching Futurama last week, he made an appearance as a head
there.

The piece he had at the art auction did not get up to the threshold
amount ($1000).  If my photo came out I'll have a link to that in
another email.

Besides the 4 lithos, and the Free Comic Day Print, I also bought a
set of three Groo magnets.  He probably won't be back to Baltimore
next year, but maybe the next year or the one after that again.
The photos from Day 2 at the Baltimore Comic-Con are at
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=30216&id=1826431160&l=ff2dc46f1e

The Groo magnet set is at
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=537726&l=4a9a7f247c&id=1826431160

Sergio's piece for the Art Auction is at
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=537718&l=4017a80358&id=1826431160

Neil