[Groop] Wow!

Ryan Simmons ryan.gsimmons at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 20:17:03 PST 2010

That's not the trading cards.  :P  I think more people are interested in the
Groo Game than the Groo Card Set from what I've noticed.

Anyways, probably someone using up their tax return money with nothing else
to do with it.

Plus, look at the bidding.

The auction started on the 22nd.
Bidder a****h first put a bid of $140 then later, even though no one else
had bid yet, upped his original bid to somewhere above $200.
Then three other random people made multiple bids against the guy only one
of those three people trying to go above $99.
That's just two individuals that are really determined at an unusually high
financial sacrifice to get this.

Crap, I want the hardcover reprint of the Groo Chronicles more than any
other groo item that I don't have but I'm not willing to pay $200 for it
(which is just about the only price I've seen it for).  I've been stewing
for a couple years about it not having the "expensive version" but I still
haven't broken down to fork over that much cash.

I can understand why some people would be willing to pay that much.  But I
sure as heck wouldn't.