[Groop] Hmm

Gary Grossmann garyg5678 at live.com
Wed Jun 23 12:21:22 PDT 2010

I would imagine Mark knows the answer to this, but I seem to recall that when the movie was being produced they spelled the character's name "Groo"

Then I'M GUESSING someone told the writers about our Groo and so they quickly changed the spelling rather than the pronounciation of the name (maybe because voice recordings had already been done? Or maybe they just loved the sound of the name.)

I just hope it doesn't make it more difficult to get a Groo Movie Made!!!

Interestingly (or maybe not) Gru is a character in Groo #22, Groo and The Ambassador.  Poor, peace loving Ambassador Groo keeps getting thrashed and maimed because people think he's Groo.

Also, in the Yugoslavian Groos that came out in the late 1980's, Groo is spelled "Gru"

Take care all -Gary G.