[Groop] OT - Creator Cards

John T comics230 at cox.net
Mon Sep 13 16:15:47 PDT 2010

$3

1st pack I opened - Sergio

2nd pack - Stan

Though 15 pack - nothing else

John P. Torregrossa

PO Box 28184

Providence, RI 02908-0184

eBay ID: Groo

eBay Store: ParaFANalia Toys & Stuff

  _____

From: groop-bounces at groo.com [mailto:groop-bounces at groo.com] On Behalf Of
Grossmann, Gary (DOR)
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2010 6:27 PM
To: John T; groop-groo.com
Subject: Re: [Groop] OT - Creator Cards

Hey Folks!

There were no insert cards to the FCBC card sets.  At least not officially.
The ones in the boxes and packs should all have yellow backgrounds on the
back side of the card.  They made some with blue backgrounds on the back for
the artists to distribute as they saw fit.  However in some cases the
artists were deceased and I forget what they did with those cards.

So there are yellow back cards and blue back cards.  And because Sergio and
George Perez were used as sample/advertising cards, there are also a few
"white backs" floating around.  (You can also cut the picture of Sergio's
card off the card box and make a little Mini Sergio Card.  That doesn't
really count, but I have two of them and Sergio signed them!)

Also, some of you may recall that George Karalias and I made some Tom Luth
cards (Actually, George made them, I just arranged for things to take
place).  The FCBC cards include Sergio, Stan, and Mark.  No Tom.  No
colorists at all!  George and I figured that gross error in judgment needed
to be rectified.  So with the assistance of Tom, we made a bunch of Tom
cards.

Anywho hardly anyone seems to care about these cards.  They are not super
collectable (i.e. valuable).   But that's the way it goes.  John, I hope you
didn't pay too much for them.

Gary G.