[Groop] Gary G Apprciation Thread

Steve Hubbell usagigoya at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 9 17:31:46 PDT 2012

Gary is awesome! He also has the distinction of being the first Groo fan I ever spoke with.

For the first dozen years which I read and collected Groo, the only other reader of the comic whom I knew was a high school buddy who liked reading my groo comics.

Then, back in 1998 I think, a few years before I ever heard of the Groop, I ran across a listing in the Comics Buyer's Guide where a guy named Gary Grossman was seeking various Groo related items. I called him up just to have a chance to talk to another comic reader who also appeared to really liked Sergio Aragones' fantastic comic series. We talked for only fifteen minutes or so, but this was back before cell phone plans with free long distance. I can't think of any other phone call to a complete stranger which has left such a distinct impression.

Abayo,
Steve