[Dynagroove] Re: mixers

Morelosangeles at aol.com Morelosangeles at aol.com
Thu Nov 7 14:35:37 PST 2002

to Dennis (best Mixer):  so far, I haven't seen anything (in the normal price
range that is) that can top the sound of a Urei or an OLD-SCHOOL
Bozak....there is literally a huge difference between a Urei and any other
popular mixer.  (Think Micheal Jordan at his peak....lots of other great
players, but nobody close to him....same thing with the Urei).   If you
decide against the Urei though, then all the sound quality of all the others
is roughly the same to me.  I always assumed that the Rain 2016 would sound
better than the Pioneer....but this was probably just psychological since the
Rain looks a little like a Urei (rotary).....but Auggie from Soundfactory
Systems (the guys that do sound for Wax, Deep, Etc.) told me he can actually
get better sound from the Pioneer.   So, ultimately, it'll just come down to
personal preference (price, effects, layout, etc.)  Good luck.

to dave ($6000 Allen & Heath): ya, i got invited to a small gathering in
Miami where some reps from A&H got us drunk and then showed it to us.  Good
thing they got us drunk first cause the prototype they had wasn't a working
prototype....just the shell.....wack.  But we were all in an alcohol induced
good mood so we didn't care too much.  But from what they explained it
sounded like it's gonna be a good mixer.  But not really a DJ mixer....I mean
the specs make it seem like it'll have great sound, but it's not gonna be
real DJ friendly and it's riduculously expensive.....this will be more for
the audiophile DJ.

to lars (Allen & Heath XONE):   ya, that's the one they have at
Spundae.....and the one Q-Burns loves.....he's been raving about it since day
1.  I'm starting to see it in more and more clubs (like you said, mostly in
Europe though....but it's been popping up more and more at one-offs here in
the US).  Here in LA, the Bodyrock DJ's use a few of them....and use them
well.  Guess I better get more aquainted with it.

late,

- scott k.

In a message dated 11/5/02 9:53:33 PM Pacific Standard Time,