[Dynagroove] fall funk details (party Saturday November 30)

Christian Goodell christian at funkhollywood.com
Wed Nov 20 23:25:38 PST 2002

Hi,

You're invited to a private funk hollywood party on Saturday November 30, two days after Thanksgiving.

Since we began funk hollywood, early this year, I've received more cds in the mail than if I'd joined BMG and Columbia House in all 3 of my pets' names as well as my own. Hundreds of submissions, many of them great. I listen to all of them. For this party I invited 3 favorites of those submissions, talents I just can't stop listening to, and all 3 are going to play for you. Here's the lineup, in the order they'll appear:

dj Flat Erik
DEEP-ly satisfying purveyor of the funky bassline with an acute ear and unfaltering taste.

F r e s c o e  Live!
folks, it just doesn't get much better. Gabriel D. Vine and Doron Orenstein, live PA set with saxophone.
(monkey bars, clover club, subliminal recordings)

dj SUB-DUDE
aka Mark Kovar, long-time musician turned top dj talent, cross-genre tastes from house roots.

This intimate groove session will take place Saturday November 30 at Lunaria, 10351 Santa Monica Boulevard @ Beverly Glen (take Santa Monica Blvd. east from the 405 freeway or west from Hollywood). 9:30 pm to 3 am. Free secure parking on premesis (on the P4 level under the club). Cover is only $10 this time, but please give Lunaria some healthy bar business so we'll be invited back in December. This is a private party for our invitation list. Not on the list? You can join it at www.funkhollywood.com. No need to sign in again if you've been to the site and signed up previously, but you are welcome to recommend it to friends, and your friends will be welcome to join it. The list will remain open until the morning of the event. Unlisted friends accompanying listed guests will be welcome at the door as well, so feel free to bring them along. Dress well, dress sexy, no dress code.

Eat lots of turkey on Thanksgiving, enter the triptolene turkey coma, wake up sometime friday or saturday, see you saturday night!

Happy Thanksgiving!

-christian

funk hollywood   www.funkhollywood.com    christian at funkhollywood.com

As always, if you prefer not to hear from us about this or future events, please email info at funkhollywood.com with "remove" in the subject line. We keep a tight list, and you will be removed. To receive invitations to our events, please join the invitation list at www.funkhollywood.com. We do not sell or loan our email list. We just invite good people and good talent to good parties.