[Dynagroove] go see maestro

Doron Orenstein doron at whoomps.com
Sat Apr 3 18:51:59 PST 2004

I do appreciate the review, because I haven't seen the movie myself, and I
think that it's good to hold the dance culture up to high standards.  At the
same time, I would caution against advising people to avoid at least
checking out this particular endeavour.  This is an especially ambitious
project, and the fact that someone even took it on is a REALLY big deal that
should not be dismissed so quickly.  I mean, we're not talking about just
putting out a track on vinyl or making a mix CD.  Good or bad, I think that
a movie about house music is something that we should all support, since
people "thinking big" is something that's sorely missing from this music.

So without even seeing the movie, I give my props to whoever had the balls
and love of the music to even attempt such a task.  I'll be at the Laemelle
tomorrow.

--doron