[Dynagroove] re: Soul Project last night..FABIAN!

Splaticus at aol.com Splaticus at aol.com
Sat Jan 24 16:00:20 PST 2004

Doc's at Catch five disco last night was groovy..
There was an older, stylish, up for it crowd that mostly stayed till the end.
Lots of movers and shakers.
Steve Loria and Doc played pretty pitched up...Doc even came with some white
noise/ Rock house, that was surprising.
I think Fabian stole the show, spinning from 4:30 -6:00 am.
He played those dark, forbidden, secret house treats thats he's known for..
music with melody, meaning and unashamedly drug-laden basslines.. His sets
are like a Bard's tale of riches and ruin in the underground.
He's carved an interesting niche in the LA house scene, building a loyal
following while flying way under the hype radar. He's quite an enigma, if you ask
me. I'm 12+ years into house music culture and that guy's sets still fascinate
me.
We talked to Fabian about spinning our Feb 14th event, though I've never seen
him spin anywhere earlier than 2am.

Anyone else have any thoughts on Fabian, I'd like to hear them. (keep it
positive please)
Anyone know if he has any demo mixes out there?

Jason Dey aka J.Splat
www.phunkeduprecords.com
phone (562) 437-9884 | fax (425) 696-2891