[Dynagroove] Another wild weekend....

Shannon Callaghan shannon_kathleen at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 26 11:01:09 PST 2004

I agree with Jason 100%!  Doc and Steve rocked it but Fabian was the highlight of my night!!  Very dark yet soulful, loved every bit of his set!  I had never been to the upstairs of Catch One and fucking loved it!  Big, cool, more than enough room to shake it either in the back, up front or where ever and plenty of bars.  We stayed until the last record was played and went home a VERY happy lady!  Great party, vibe and night all around, danced almost the entire 6 hours I was there!  Thanks to everyone there for making it a great night!

On another note (not related to house) but worth writing about.  Saturday night I went to an 80’s party at a friend’s house in Long Beach and had the best night in a long time!!   3 of my girlfriends and I went all out, thrift stores, barrowing items and got crazy dressed up!  It’s not too often you’re getting ready and literally cracking up at yourself.  Here's a  description but it doesn't do justice because we literally had more going on than you can imagine.  One friend had on a hot pink and black striped shirt with a lacy black skirt, fingerless black lacy gloves, huge black bow in her hair, plenty of bracelets and her hair including her bangs crimped.  Another one had on a jean skirt and jean purse to match, a crazy off the shoulders top with black tights, crimped hair half up in a side pony tail and too many accessories to even name.  I got to Shannon’s house with torn jeans and a faded black t-shirt on that I actually had and kept from a Gun’s N Roses concert that sai
 “Stoned in LA” (LOVE IT and want to wear it out but cover up the picture of the band it has on it) but ended up in jeans that were rolled at the bottoms (that hideous fold over roll) showing all 3 pairs of my different color soaks with pink old school converse, an off the shoulder California Sunshine shirt with a jean jacket to match, huge black watch, black spike necklace and my hair in a side pony tail completely ratted, again with many more accessories.  Of course we all had the make up going, green & blue eye liner, pink eye shadow with pink frost lip stick to match.  So we meet up with a few more friends and cab it to the party and much to my surprise everyone else got just as much into it as we did.  It was NON STOP laughs all night, costume party’s when everyone actually participates is truly the best!!  They had ONLY 80’s music being played, everyone was busting the moves too (FUCKING HYSTERICAL) and people were talking like the 80’s, it was just too much fun for one
  night!
 It was so exciting when a song was over because there was the anticipation of what the next song was going to be…imo 80’s music will never die!!  If anyone if having a house party for whatever reason throw the 80’s theme into it, make sure people participate and I guarantee a fucking night you won’t forget!  Actually it would be a great idea for any promoter, something different kind of like what Cade does with Solid Gold but it sould be a FULL ON custome party and no one could get in unless they were dressed up, shit I'd help & be involved in that instantly, hint hint someone do it!!  Anyways I got a lot of pictures and will be post them on myspace and friendster when I get a chance.

Have a great week everyone!!!!  Shannon

Splaticus at aol.com wrote: Doc's at Catch five disco last night was groovy..
There was an older, stylish, up for it crowd that mostly stayed till the end.
Lots of movers and shakers.
Steve Loria and Doc played pretty pitched up...Doc even came with some white
noise/ Rock house, that was surprising.
I think Fabian stole the show, spinning from 4:30 -6:00 am.
He played those dark, forbidden, secret house treats thats he's known for..
music with melody, meaning and unashamedly drug-laden basslines.. His sets
are like a Bard's tale of riches and ruin in the underground.
He's carved an interesting niche in the LA house scene, building a loyal
following while flying way under the hype radar. He's quite an enigma, if you ask
me. I'm 12+ years into house music culture and that guy's sets still fascinate
me.
We talked to Fabian about spinning our Feb 14th event, though I've never seen
him spin anywhere earlier than 2am.

Anyone else have any thoughts on Fabian, I'd like to hear them. (keep it
positive please)
Anyone know if he has any demo mixes out there?

Jason Dey aka J.Splat
www.phunkeduprecords.com
phone (562) 437-9884 | fax (425) 696-2891

View the Archives:
http://mailman.newdream.net/pipermail/dynagroove/

 ~Take a music bath once or twice a week and you will find that it is to the SOUL what the bath water is to the body~