[Dynagroove] Anyone see the Basement Jaxx @the Bowl this past Sunday??!!

Doron Orenstein doron at whoomps.com
Tue Jul 19 13:33:20 PDT 2005

Well...you really should have.

I'm probably in the minority on this list when I say this, but the Jaxx to
me are like what Howard Stern is to radio hosts, or what that little
Japanese guy who wins the Nathan's hot dog eating contest every single year
without fail is to competitive eating. They're just EONS and EONS AHEAD of
the comeptition. I know of no other house producers who can compare to the
Jaxx' innovation and more importantly, ability to generate 100% pure
unadulterated JOY.

It was really, really incredible to see the ENTIRE Hollywood Bowl pulsating
up and down in unison to some of the funkiest, most physically engaging
music I've ever heard. Besides their hits, there were crazy mashups, and
sick vocalists, and by the end, there was an entire samba school of drums
and dancers, a horn section, a drummer, another percussionist, guitar, and 8
freaks dressed in ape suits making for the biggest onstage party I've ever
seen in my life.

Sick, sick, sick shit.

--doron