[Dynagroove] i heart john larner

Flower Chae flower_chae at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 5 19:55:25 PST 2007

I heart John Larner toooo. I am so sad  I was unable to attend!! He definetly needs to come around again. (he'll be coming around the mountain when he comes, ~~~)The first time I've herad JL was at Free thinking? at Caseys. Homeboy was crackn!! My goodness the tracks were insane..all these 8o's hits (i wanna sex you up)mixed in "then" remixes(don't u wish GF was hot like me..don't u) lol, but subtly done...anyways i can't really explain but he also has this mix on UGH that really outdoes itself. I started listening to it many years ago, and I guess the tracks are only/still being played out now...this guy is the SHIZ!
Amy Ricketts <amyr at dynagroove.com> wrote:  wow. John Larner's set at "Hawt Hawt at King King" this Friday was...
refreshing, beautiful, inspiring, delicious, AMAZING. Every single track
he played made me dance. EVERY one. When's that last time you were able
to say THAT about ANY DJ?

>From the first to the last record I seriously could NOT stop dancing, or
smiling.

In true midwestern form, he played a fantastically varied selection of
tracks, from bouncy house to dirty acid and back again. I couldn't
believe how seamlessly he weaved one of my favorite midwest minimal
CLASSICS "Spastik" (Plastikman) between two bouncy house records, as if
they were all made to go together. Throughout his set, I heard
saxophones, congas, xylophones, as well as crazy 303s. Ahhhh, I love
midwestern DJs.

THANK YOU to the Hawt crew for bringing out yet ANOTHER fantastic DJ.

Someone, ANYONE, PLEASE bring John Larner back to LA ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy Ricketts