[Dynagroove] War of the Roses reviews

Zorica Stancevic zoki at dynagroove.com
Mon Feb 9 18:13:36 PST 2009

i also had a great time at 'war of the roses' and for the most part agree
with cade.

i have been dying to hear greenskeepers music since their polo club release
and they didn't disappoint me. really high energy and a lot of fun live.

positives....
1)  great location
2)  good talent
3)  lots of excited familiar faces
4)  No lines for the bathroom
5)  Hamburgers ready to be eaten
8)  nice art gallery

negatives...
1)  rain I think effected turn out
2) the sound system in the back room had no bass and effected some of the
performances in my opinion
3)  Sound system in the main room was good but when the live shows came on.
lots of feedback and the levels were not there
4) it was too bright inside the rooms
5) i was not fond of the dj/performer rotations.  since they were allotted
one hour sets, it was hard to get into a groove then have it abruptly change
to another style of music.  while i understand mixing it up...maybe the djs
should be given longer time slots then?

but i got my dance on and had a great time!!

best, zoki