[Groop]Groo Posters

Gary Grossmann grossfam@olywa.net
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 23:52:53 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C12CF7.E3F4CCA0

I just recently discovered the 1991 Life of Groo Poster/Ad myself.  =
Funny thing is the book didn't come out 'till 1993!!  You have all the =
other "mass distribution" posters/ads listed.  Is the "Dark Horse =
Grendel Poster" the one with all the Maverick Characters? There are a =
few other more parochial posters, most notably the 1991 Dallas Fantasy =
Fair poster that has original art.  There's also the one from Germany =
that promoted the German tradepaperback version of Groo the Most =
Intelligent Man in the World and Raptus Poster from Norway.  -Gary G. =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: * BassClef *=20
  To: groop@groo.com=20
  Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 12:44 PM
  Subject: [Groop]Groo Posters

  Hi Groop,

  I'm a longtime lurker/occasional poster.  I recently found a poster =
with groo on it that I had never seen before, and I was wondering how =
many other such posters exist?  It is an epic poster from I think 1991, =
with other characters as well, but Groo ('lil Groo) is pictured and it =
is in part an Advertisement poster for Life of Groo Graphic Novel.  I =
was psyched to find it, and was wondering how many other posters he was =
on?  Here is a list off of the top of my head of what I know him to be =
on...

  1.  Pacific poster (black and white I think)

  2. Epic poster (green Dragon)

  3. Image poster (Groo facing off w/ Image cast)

  4. Dark Horse Promo poster (intelligent man)

  5. Dark Horse Grendel poster

  6. Huge Groo poster (the nice one where he's slaying/destroying: best =
art)

  I'm sure that there are more that I missed.  But when talking about =
Groo...it is easy to fumble things up.  So before I Groo any further, =
I'll sign off.

  Cheers,

  Anil

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C12CF7.E3F4CCA0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I just recently discovered the 1991 Life of Groo =
Poster/Ad=20
myself.&nbsp; Funny thing is the book didn't come out 'till 1993!!&nbsp; =
You=20
have all the other "mass distribution" posters/ads listed.&nbsp; Is the =
"Dark=20
Horse Grendel Poster" the one with all the Maverick Characters? There =
are a few=20
other more parochial posters, most notably the 1991 Dallas Fantasy Fair =
poster=20
that has original art.&nbsp; There's also the&nbsp;one from Germany that =

promoted the German tradepaperback version of Groo the Most Intelligent =
Man in=20
the World and Raptus Poster from Norway.&nbsp; -Gary G. =
&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dclefworks@hotmail.com =
href=3D"mailto:clefworks@hotmail.com">* BassClef=20
  *</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A title=3Dgroop@groo.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:groop@groo.com">groop@groo.com</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Friday, August 24, 2001 =
12:44=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [Groop]Groo =
Posters</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>
  <P>Hi Groop,</P>
  <P>I'm a longtime lurker/occasional poster.&nbsp; I recently found a =
poster=20
  with groo on it that I had never seen before, and I was wondering how =
many=20
  other such posters exist?&nbsp; It is an epic poster from I think =
1991, with=20
  other characters as well, but Groo ('lil Groo) is pictured and it is =
in part=20
  an Advertisement poster for Life of Groo Graphic Novel.&nbsp; I was =
psyched to=20
  find it, and was wondering how many other posters he was on?&nbsp; =
Here is a=20
  list off of the top of my head of what I know him to be on...</P>
  <P>1.&nbsp; Pacific poster (black and white I think)</P>
  <P>2. Epic poster (green Dragon)</P>
  <P>3. Image poster (Groo facing off w/ Image cast)</P>
  <P>4. Dark Horse Promo poster (intelligent man)</P>
  <P>5. Dark Horse Grendel poster</P>
  <P>6. Huge Groo poster (the nice one where he's slaying/destroying: =
best=20
  art)</P>
  <P>I'm sure that there are more that&nbsp;I missed.&nbsp; But when =
talking=20
  about Groo...it is easy to fumble things up.&nbsp; So before I Groo =
any=20
  further, I'll sign off.</P>
  <P>Cheers,</P>
  <P>Anil</P></DIV><BR clear=3Dall>
  <HR>
  Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://go.msn.com/bql/hmtag_itl_EN.asp">http://explorer.msn.com</=
  Groop maillist - Groop@groo.com=20