[Groop]Who is Bagakus?

RMorris306@aol.com RMorris306@aol.com
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 11:12:08 EST

In a message dated 2/16/01 11:32:21 AM, josh@newdream.net writes:

<< sorry about that, I'm not sure why he thought the Groop was a good place
to convert peopl to Islam.

I banned his email from posting again. I guess he can still email people
directly by looking at the subscriber list and typing in their email
addresses.

What do people think? Should I make the subscriber list private
(subscribers only)? Make it totally unavailable? Leave it how it is? >>

    Good idea. He's certainly entitled to his religious beliefs, and I
wouldn't have objected if he mentioned or even defended them if the subject
came up. I've had to endure some born-again Christian types on another list,
but it's one with greater discretion as to subject matter, and at least the
poster didn't out-and-out try to convert anyone. (Though he WAS a bit too
defensive about our alleged President surrounding himself and his government
with the trappings of his own faith...the former he has every right to do,
but the latter is a bit excessive, BECAUSE many Americans aren't even
Christians, but are Jews, Buddhists, Hindus or...as this post
demonstrates...Muslims. Or have no religion at all.)

    And of course Islam, like Christianity, has a lot of different
denominations...I don't think Louis Farrakhan and Ayatollah Khameini (sp?)
have any more in common than do the Pope and Pat Robertson. I don't know
which, if any, this poster belongs to, or even if it matters...

    But then again, what DOES all this have to do with Groo? (Except maybe
sheer stupidity...)

Rich