[Groop]the web & Mark & Sergio

Sudilovsky, Ariel ASudilov@Calfee.com
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 12:03:04 -0500

Kevin:

4) One possibility - somebody brought up the Stephen King thing. I think
something along those lines is a MUCH better possibility. Have an
EXCLUSIVE Groo story, or set of Sergio marginals/pantomines, that are
available for subscribers. I'm not sure how King collected his fees, but
with things like PayPal, it's now becoming feasible (& convenient) for
large groups of people to be able to pay a buck each or something
similar to another party on the web. The nice thing about a new story
like this is that pros like Sergio & Mark could put it together in such
a way that you see a panel or two at a time on the screen. This IS a
different media. And taking entire pages, and "adapting" them to a
computer screen just doesn't work! A comic strip style layout with two
to three frames works much better. Mark & Sergio could possibly even put
together a "weekly" Groo strip for 6 months (they could actually do it
all in a week & just release it online over a 6 month period). People
could pay $2 or $3 for the entire thing, and then tune in each week for
the latest installment, or even go back & catch up on the old ones if
they missed any.

------>I posted a couple a times regarding this topic, but mostly in joke
fashion.  This however is serious.  VERY SERIOUS!!!!  Have you guys seen
those virtual pets for your computer.  You turn on the program and a little
cat or dog (those are the only things of this type I've see) appears on your
screen, and proceeds to "play" about it.  You can interact with the pet with
props, etc.  Wouldn't this type of program be excellent if it had Groo
characters and props instead of pets?  I think so.

Kevin:

PS Gary, really sorry 'bout the whole fruit thing. Ariel & I should have
taken it off list. The pear of us just got carried away. Was really the
pits, I know. When you peel back all the chatter though, there just
wasn't much actually Grooish to talk about. Raisin' new topics seemed
the only way to pass the time 'til the date of the next Groo release.
But we were ripe for some new Groo discussion...orange you glad this
whole internet topic popped up? Ouch.

-------->Ummm, Banana!  Banana!

Josh:

What do people think? Should I make the subscriber list private
(subscribers only)? Make it totally unavailable? Leave it how it is?

--------->Subscribers only.

Later,