[Groop]Groo Master 2000

Gary Grossmann grossfam@olywa.net
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 13:36:19 -0800

Hi Folks!

All of this talk about the Internet comes down to how someone who sells
intellectual property for a living can make money doing that over the
Internet, as opposed to the traditional method of selling that intellectual
property via a tangible medium.  Josh or someone else may very well prove
Mark wrong someday, (I'm sure Mark hopes so!), but Sergio is 63 and Mark is
pushing 50 and while this is young by Carl Barks standards, the here and now
is what matters.   And when it comes to the here and now, television is
still far and away the king of all sales mediums.  QVC, infomercials, and
kid shows that are merchandising advertisements as much as they are
entertainment sell billions of dollars worth of stuff every week.

Soooooo, here's what I think Sergio and Mark should do.  They should follow
George Foreman's example by coming up with and selling the "Groo Master
2000"  Grill.  Just as Foreman's grill specializes in separating the fat
during cooking, The Groo Master Grill could specialize in Shish-ka-bob and
warm pork.  ("And it does so much more!")  Instead of the traditional
looking spit, the Groo Master 2000 Grill's would look like a kantana,
complete with hilt and everything and the grill would come with two of them
of course.  Included would be an instruction booklet on how to impress your
friends by flipping burgers with your kantana instead of a boring old burger
flipper.  Other Groo inspired elements could be incorporated into the
product.  There could be an attachment for heating up cheese dip! And it
could advertised during the Groo cartoon show (which MUST happen!!!)

George Foreman has made something like 30 million dollars from the Grill
Master, to a large degree on his ebullient charm.  Well heck, Sergio is even
more charming than Foreman and the accent alone will get a lot of women to
buy the thing.  I can just see him demonstrating the Groo Master 2000 for
the fawning announcer guy, making jokes and doing a few drawings for the TV
audience while the meat cooks, and guaranteeing that every Groo Master 2000
will come with an original sketch and signature right on the product.

Mark and Sergio have the same attorney as Foreman, so that end of the deal
can be taken care of.   There are few details to be taken care of, minor
stuff, like designing the product, manufacturing it, getting someone to put
up the money and little things like that.  But, heck, I think it's a great
idea.  I'd sure buy one!  What do you all think?

Take care all, Gary G.