[Groop]Groo autograph Chase card

sac@foolarchy.com sac@foolarchy.com
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 23:10:50 -0400

Here's the Dilly-O...

And someone correct me if I'm wrong: (hint Gary or M.E.)

That card offered on Ebay is supposedly one of the 500 Chase Cards. The Chase Cards were simply just 'autographed' cards. Funny thing is, I never heard they were done exclusively in black ink. Now, that by means in now way means the Ebay card is a fraud! Don't take it that way. The Card I have was done in Blue Ink and it's one of the 50 Sketch Cards. So we know Sergio used at least two (2) different colors of ink in the making of his card set.

Also, and M.E. will correct me if I'm wrong. You can simply take one of your cards and mail it, in a S.A.S.E. to M.E. and he *might* be able to get Sergio to Autograph it for you. So, you'd save yourself the $$$ on Ebay. Well, worth two stamps and a little patience for M.E. and the US Mail.

I'm pretty sure Gary and a few others have 'official' chase cards. What Gary might not have still is one of the 50 sketch cards.

http://www.foolarchy.com/Media/sigs/front.jpg
http://www.foolarchy.com/Media/sigs/back.jpg

And there's what one looks like if'n you're interested.

I'm going to go back to lurking again. :)

~Shane

Original Message:
-----------------
From:  slowofmind@icqmail.com
Date: 19 Jul 2001 18:30:51 -0700
To: groop@groo.com
Subject: [Groop]Groo autograph Chase card

Hello,

Just a quick question on the Groo autograph Chase cards.  What do they look like? I assume someone in the groop (Gary maybe?) has one.

The reason I ask is one is listed on ebay (1995 GROO autograph CHASE card by Aragones Item # 1168614396) and the seller has indicated to me it is one of the genuine autograph cards (of which there where only 500).

However, it simply appears to be Chase card #62 with a signature by Aragones, and Sergio, the great guy he is, gladly signs Groo Chase cards at comic cons, so the autograph cards would be indistinguishable from such cards.

I have an original sketch card and it clearly indicates on the back that it is a sketch card.  Do the autograph cards have something to distinguish them on the back?

Just wondering,

Bruce