[Groop]Groo autograph Chase card

Gary Grossmann grossfam@olywa.net
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 23:22:52 -0700

Hi Folks!

Well, I am home.  Had to leave early again.  (Darn!) I'll give a Con report
later. (It was great!) But here's the low down on the cards:

Not sure about what everyone means by "chase" cards sometimes.  I think they
are called that because everyone chases after them.  Generally, the terms
used for the Groo cards "regular cards", "IG (Images of Groo) cards",
"autograph cards", and "sketch" or "original sketch cards."

There are 9 different IG cards, each with the work of other artists.  And as
Shane related, there were 500 autograph cards randomly put into the packs.
The "trouble" with the autograph cards is that there is absolutely,
positively, 100% no way on God's green earth to tell them apart from the
thousands of cards Sergio has signed at conventions since 1995.  I have
pulled two from packs, Ruben has pulled one, and we both have cards he
autographed for us in person.  All in black ink.  No difference.  Nada. So
while this guy on ebay might very well have pulled the card from a pack,
it's value as such is nil.

Now as to the Sketch cards, there are only 50 of them!!! and I (argh!!)
don't have one.  ......Yet.   Like Mark said, you can see what one looks
like on his web site.  I already knew what they looked like thanks to SHANE
(who can't keep his elbow out of my ribs)  and several other close
encounters of the frustrating kind.

Take care all, Gary "Sketch Cardless Near Seattle" Grossmann

PS to Shane:  Where were you this year?