[Groop]Strangest Groo website....

Gary Grossmann grossfam@olywa.net
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 20:03:31 -0800

Hi Folks!

Well, as any fool can plainly see, this is the photo, circa 1912, of a group
of family and friends attending a rather fancy double funeral in a country
that didn't exist after World War I and no one can quite remember. Notice
that behind the space between the two groups is a large floral arrangement
that has just been laid on the rather ostentatious, albeit flat, monument
that sits over the departeds' grave.

And it's all very appropriate, especially the flat part, because this is a
photo of the funeral of Wlbur and Orville "Hammy Boy" Groo, erstwhile
inventors of the Groo Rubberband and Seltzer Bottle Areocraft and (for a
very short time) owners of the GR&SB Air Express Shuttle Service.
Immigrants Wilbur, a rubber products sales rep, and Orville, a failed
vaudeville comedian, hit upon the idea for the aircraft and shuttle service
one night while getting completely snockered on the red-eye train between
Hoboken and Poughkeepsie.  Unfortunately, they followed through with their
plans even after they sobered up and returned to their native land in Europe
where they could borrow the needed cash.  On the maiden voyage of in front
of their investors, Orville crashed the craft right on top of Wilbur,
killing them both.

Both the flattened brothers and their flattened plane were buried in the
flat gravesite because it was easier than trying to separate everything.  To
console themselves, the bereaved Family Groo you see in the photo decided to
take a cruise to the United States.  As you probably guessed already, they
booked passage on the Titanic.

And THAT is why the photo is on Groo.com.

Take care all -Gary G.

PS  I win the prize, right?