[Groop]Names, Groos and Ruffertos . . .

The Craills at FAL thecraills@falcompound.com.sa
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 19:29:02 +0300

------=_NextPart_000_003A_01C14E9D.27CC0A80

ME,=20

Having purchased a new vehicle, but being without my trusty NZ GROO =
plates, and without my lucky Rufferto card, (designed to ward the inter =
island ferry in NZ from sinking with my GROO plated car on board) I feel =
somewhat insecure, I know that I run the real risk of having the car =
sink on me into soft sands never to emerge. Is it permissable oh =
copywritable one to paint a Rufferto onto it for protection. Hey - it =
works for Groo !

There will be a disclaimer as the image would not be (c) by Sergio et =
al, as he would never draw so crude an image of a blue heeler.   :o)

All,

Slightly . . . .ok totally . . . off topic . . . . back in the days of =
yore and university I stumbled into a D&D group. I had heard of it, but =
never indulged. So I tried. Into a group of mighty and stalwart =
adventurers I teamed, and slaying we did. Although the people who styled =
themselves things like Shadowsun Dreamweaver or Etheryllion Damodrenil =
were irritated that my lowly fighter answered to "Bob". However I =
persisted, being the annoying little twerp that I was.=20
The next weekend they came in search of their new aquaintence and hired =
warrior "Bob", but having only a vague recollection of where I lived and =
not knowing my real name, they wandered the halls of residence calling =
"BOB" until they found me.
Now all my fellow residents from the Halls now thought my name was Bob, =
I thought this a great joke, so I never told them, and soon all and =
sundry called me Bob, including my now wife Sue, and my parents. (My =
mother rang up and asked for Greg and they hung up on her - :o)  ).
Recent events in the US lead me to disfavour my erstwhile moniker of =
Grooless of Arabia, least it offend anyone by it's origin, so even as my =
good friend Larry has forsaken his once D&D spawned moniker SoE, I would =
like to preservre the status quo for mr Gygax and resume one.

Greg "Bob" Craill.

------=_NextPart_000_003A_01C14E9D.27CC0A80

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">ME, </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">Having purchased a new vehicle, but =
being=20
without my trusty NZ GROO plates, and without my lucky Rufferto card, =
(designed=20
to ward the inter island ferry in NZ from sinking with my GROO plated =
car on=20
board) I feel somewhat insecure, I know that I run the real risk of =
having the=20
car sink on me into soft sands never to emerge. Is it permissable oh=20
copywritable one to paint a Rufferto onto it for protection. Hey - it =
works for=20
Groo !</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">There will be a disclaimer as the =
image would=20
not be (c) by Sergio et al, as he would never draw so crude an image of =
a blue=20
heeler.&nbsp;&nbsp; :o)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">All,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">Slightly . . . .ok totally . . . off =
topic . .=20
. . back in the days of yore and university I stumbled into a D&amp;D =
group. I=20
had heard of it, but never indulged. So I tried. Into a group of mighty =
and=20
stalwart adventurers I teamed, and slaying we did. Although the people =
who=20
styled themselves things like <EM>Shadowsun Dreamweaver</EM> or =
<EM>Etheryllion=20
Damodrenil</EM> were irritated that my lowly fighter answered to "Bob". =
However=20
I persisted, being the annoying little twerp that I was. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">The next weekend they came in search =
of their=20
new aquaintence and hired warrior "Bob", but having only a vague =
recollection of=20
where I lived and not knowing my real name, they wandered the halls of =
residence=20
calling "BOB" until they found me.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">Now all my fellow residents from the =
Halls now=20
thought my name was Bob, I thought this a great joke, so I never told =
them, and=20
soon all and sundry called me Bob, including my now wife Sue, and my =
parents.=20
(My mother rang up and asked for Greg and they hung up on her - =
:o)&nbsp;=20
).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">Recent events in the US lead me to =
disfavour=20
my erstwhile moniker of Grooless of Arabia, least it offend anyone by =
it's=20
origin, so even as my good friend Larry has forsaken his once D&amp;D =
spawned=20
moniker SoE, I would like to preservre the status quo for mr Gygax and =
resume=20
one.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">Greg "Bob" =
Craill.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_003A_01C14E9D.27CC0A80--